NEW MEASURES AND RESTRICTIONS TO COMBAT WITH THE SPREADING EFFECTS OF COVID-19 EPIDEMIC
Following the decision of the Presidency Cabinet, the Ministry of Interiors have circulated its public mandate titled “Curfew Restrictions within the Scope of Combating Coronavirus – Circulars on the New Restrictions and Measures” dated 1 December 2020, whereby it is declared:
- the weekend-long curfew will start as from 9 p.m. on 4 December 2020 and will continue until 5 a.m. on 7 December 2020 which will be valid for the upcoming weekends as well until further notice.
- the weekday curfew will start as of 1 December 2020 and will be valid between the hours 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Everyone will be required to present their individual electronic HES codes to show their infection status (available through a free smartphone application), when entering shopping malls. Besides, the number of customers that can be accepted at the same time for each shopping mall and district market will be determined separately by the decision of the Provincial / District General Hygiene Boards.
- People 20 years old and younger, as well as seniors 65 and older, are barred from using public transportation, except previously announced exceptions.
- Kindergartens and similar educational institutions will be suspended.
- Funeral prayers will be performed with a maximum of 30 people, including relatives of the deceased, and weddings will also not exceed this number.
- House gatherings, including New Year’s Eve celebrations, will not be allowed, as part of the newly announced measures.
- The number of people who can enter crowded streets and squares will be limited by local authorities.
- Sectors such as production, supply, logistics, health and agriculture will be exempted from the measures.
- Groceries, butchers, and supermarkets will offer order services during the curfews while cafes and restaurants will operate on a delivery-only basis. Shops that provide home delivery service, such as markets and butchers, will be excluded from the weekend restrictions.